Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March Book: Born to Run

As soon as I hear the words "Born to Run" I start humming Bruce Springsteen.  This month though we're taking on a different "Born to Run"  - we're reading Christopher McDougall's Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen.  

This book is a total departure from anything we have read previously, but it should be an entertaining and eye-opening read.  I promise that this is not a book only runners or athletes would enjoy because as anyone who knows we well knows, I am definitely not a runner.  I don't understand running when there is no ball to chase. 

The Goodreads summary of McDougall's book says the following, "Full of incredible characters, amazing athletic achievements, cutting-edge science, and, most of all, pure inspiration, Born to Run is an epic adventure that began with one simple question: Why does my foot hurt? In search of an answer, Christopher McDougall sets off to find a tribe of the world’s greatest distance runners and learn their secrets, and in the process shows us that everything we thought we knew about running is wrong."  All of us can use a bit of inspiration to reach our next goal.  Join us.  I think you'll thoroughly enjoy it.

--Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment