Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Have you started The Wednesday Wars?!

Hello Pickwick Society-

Just wanted to tell you that if you haven't started The Wednesday Wars then today is your day.  It is fantastic and exactly the type of book to read after your last few serious reads.  You'll love the 1960s references to politics and social movements, and if you're an English nerd, you'll love the references to Shakespeare's plays - both the overt line references and then the ones that are cleverly woven into the prose.  

Happy reading!

-Jac

ps. I'm not kidding when I say start today.  You won't be disappointed.

4 comments:

  1. I HAVE started it! I am about half way done. I LOVE it! I know some Shakespeare, but I have to admit I wish I knew them better as I read. But either way, it is such a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are loving it. I agree that this book makes me want to read and reread all the Bard's plays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book was amazing! I absolutely loved the way the author did the voice of a 7th grader! My daughter loved it too! We read it together so i could guide her through the Shakespeare parts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ella- That's great! I love that you read it with your daughter. It's a perfect book because there are things both kids and adults can enjoy.

    ReplyDelete