Monday, December 6, 2010

a disclaimer or two...

Greetings Pickwick Readers--  We are a couple weeks from beginning our "Shadow" discussions.  As I have talked to a few of you who have started the book, the general feedback is positive.  Love that!  I do feel though like I need to offer a couple disclaimers just in case you are dissatisfied with the book - whether for content or for the overall story.

Disclaimer No. 1 - Megan, Anna, and I have not read the book.  We chose from a list of well respected or highly recommended books.  This means that we do not know the scandalous details (if there are any).  If the content isn't what you hoped, please know we were not intentionally encouraging saucy reads.  For those of you who are bodice-ripper readers and are hoping for us to encourage scandocious reads, this probably isn't the place.

Disclaimer No. 2 - Again, because we haven't read the book, we don't know how the overall story turns out.  We hope it's wonderful, inspiring, fascinating, and everything in-between.

Hope you are enjoying or planning to "The Shadow of the Wind" so far. If you haven't started yet, it's not too late!

ps. I am only about 80 pages in, and this is definitely a book lovers book.  I also have discovered that it is probably not a snippet book - by that I mean, I have enjoyed it more when I have set down for a thirty minute reading session versus reading for a few minutes before I go to bed.  Either way, happy reading!

5 comments:

  1. Do you know what day we're going to try to do the discussion? I am really liking this book by the way. :) I'm only like 80 pages in too. Still good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait- this is the greatest idea :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we are going to do a set day, from what I understand, Kara. I think we will have some discussion ideas posted on the blog that people can comment on. Or if you have a particular thing that you would like as a discussion, you can email it to the email address for the blog and one of us can post it for you. Correct me if I am wrong Jaclyn...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the book so far, guys! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jaclyn:

    I have been a bit busy with the fam as you know so will begin reading it tonight. I hope to contribute more comments on the next book, but look forward to reading this one all the same. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete