Sunday, July 17, 2011

Life as Mrs. Hemingway

When I said that our characters would be hanging out with Hemingway and other famous artists and writers of the 1920s, I obviously had not read the full description of the book.  Our main characters are in fact Ernest Hemingway and his first wife Hadley.  I'm not sure what others of you are thinking as you start this book, but it's hard to read a story where you know that the relationship is not going to work out.

Oddly enough too, I'm still in love with Sandra Bullock as Agnes, Hemingway's first love (a nurse from WWI when he was injured on the battlefront).  Which is a roundabout way of saying that I really like Hadley and hope that her story ends well despite the fact that she married the amazingly talented and tempestuous young writer.

--Jac

No comments:

Post a Comment